Bring Back the Beach -
Misquamicut Beach Recovery
If you would like to make a tax-free donation to help support the Misquamicut Beach Recovery to our 501(c)(3) organization today, please click on the Paypal Checkout button below. If you would rather support by check please make it out to the Westerly Chamber Foundation and mail it to the Greater Westerly Pawcatuck Area Chamber of Commerce at 1 Chamber Way, Westerly, RI 02891.
A receipt acknowledging your contribution will be mailed within 1 week.
Thank you for supporting the Bring Back the Beach Misquamicut Beach Recovery!
Support Misquamicut Beach - Buy a
Misquamicut Love Bracelet!
The cost is $10 each + shipping.
All proceeds to support the Westerly Town Beach Pavilion repairs and future Misquamicut events.
"Misquamicut Love" Tribute song
available on Itunes!
"Misquamicut Love" song debut - live performance video of Tribute Song for Misquamicut Beach
"Misquamicut Love" written by Scott Campbell and performed by The Cartells. Available now to purchase on itunes, amazonmp3 and more. All proceeds to benefit the Misquamicut Beach Recovery and chamber events. Please check this out and buy "Misquamicut Love" today.
The Greater Westerly Chamber Foundation, Inc.- a non-profit 501c (3) arm of the Greater Westerly-Pawcatuck Area Chamber of Commerce was granted its nonprofit status on March 20, 1998. The non-profit number is 05-0494495. Former Westerly Town Manager Steve Hartford was among the original Board Members at the time the GWCF was established. Westerly accountant Michael Benevides, and Greater Westerly-Pawcatuck Area Chamber of Commerce Exec. Director Lisa Konicki were also among the original Board Members, and they continue to serve today.
Here are the various ways you can donate and designate your contribution. 100% Tax Deductible! Donations may be sent to 1 Chamber Way, Westerly, RI 02891.
1. Jump Small Business Recovery Grant Program
The GWCF is using its Jump Small Business Recovery Grant Program to help businesses get back up and running for next season. The program helped 32 businesses with $73,000 in grants in 2010, after the historic flood. Since hurricane Sandy hit in October 2012, $426,036 has been raised and awarded to small businesses to help with the staggering amount of expenses that were NOT covered by insurance. 20 Businesses have received funds. An Administrative Oversight Team for the fund developed eligibility criteria, an application and a process for evaluating each application. GWCF Board members were joined by a representative of Senior Corps Retired Executives (SCORE) to serve on the Administrative Oversight Team, along with Westerly Town Council President Diana Serra. There is complete transparency and public accountability with this process, and all grant awards have been made public.
100% of the donations have gone directly to Misquamicut businesses that needed financial support to resume operations. Membership in The Chamber of Commerce was not a requirement to receive funds. Grants ranged in size based upon donations received, the number of grant applications received, and the extent of verifiable non-covered business losses experienced by the business, amongst other criteria. Documentation of damages was required.
Designated Donations - 100% Tax Deductible
2. Westerly Town beach repair- funds contributed will be used to make needed repairs to town beach facilities, the beach pavilion, replacement of lost equipment, parking lot repair, new signage and support of town events that take place at this facility such as Blues on the Beach. To date $6,285 has been raised. The greater westerly chamber foundation has been the 501c3 fund administrator of this community event for many years. 1005 of the proceeds from the song "Misquamicut Love", and the bracelets will be used for this fund.
3. In the Aftermath of the storm, donations were collected and used for Meals for business owners and their team of family, friends and volunteers and Supplies for volunteers and victims
The Greater Westerly-Pawcatuck Area Chamber of Commerce donated over 300 hours of its staff time and resources for the following hurricane recovery activities:
1. We developed a logo and the slogan “Bring Back the Beach”
2. We sold t-shirts for $15 and $12 of each went into this grant fund. $46,000 has been raised.
3. We had 50+ donation canisters that were placed throughout town with the “Bring Back the Beach” slogan and logo and our other slogan “Your Small Change Can Make a Big Difference”. Over $6,000 has been raised.
4. We helped coordinate throngs of volunteers in conjunction with the MBA and Serve RI
5. We collected bottled water and granola bars, snacks, industrial gloves, rubber boots, dust masks and cleaning supplies for the volunteers and for the businesses affected.
6. We contacted local restaurants and secured food that could be delivered to volunteers and businesses.
7. We delivered lunches to businesses and their staff/volunteers doing the difficult manual labor to clean up.
8. We gathered information on free storage space that may be available for the businesses to use for 4 months or more.
9. We hosted a meeting of the Dept of Labor & Training, RIEDC, SBA, FEMA and others at The Chamber.
10. Our organization processed over 4,000 passes for businesses, residents and contractors allowing them to enter into the Misquamicut beach community. Our office hours were extended from 8:00am to 6pm.